Braces aren't the only option if your teeth are crooked or you have a bite problem. Invisalign, an orthodontic treatment method offered by your Roswell, GA, dentist, Dr. Stuart Coe, can help you improve your smile discreetly.
The Invisalign process
You'll wear a series of clear, removable aligner trays that slowly realign your teeth if you choose Invisalign. Trays apply pressure on teeth, gradually moving them. During your first Invisalign appointment in the Roswell dental office, your dentist takes digital photographs, X-rays, and impressions of your teeth. These digital images are combined to create a three-dimensional virtual model of your teeth.
Manipulating the 3D image makes it possible to plot the course of your treatment and create aligner trays that will accomplish the goals in your treatment plan. You'll wear each tray for about two weeks, then insert the next tray in the series.
Is Invisalign right for you?
Invisalign may be an excellent option for you if:
- You want a subtle straightening method: Invisalign aligner trays are made of clear, comfortable plastic to ensure that they blend in with your smile.
- You have one of the orthodontic issues that Invisalign treats: Invisalign can be used to improve spacing issues, straighten crooked teeth, and correct mild-to-moderate bite problems, including underbite, overbite, crossbite, or open bite.
- You want to continue eating the same foods: If you wore traditional braces, you'd need to stop eating hard or sticky foods during your treatment. Luckily, food restrictions aren't necessary with Invisalign. Since you'll remove your trays before you eat, you can continue to eat anything you want.
- You want to be able to take a break occasionally: Invisalign aligner trays can be removed for a few hours if you're playing sports or attending a special event. Of course, the more often you follow the recommended wear schedule, the better. Invisalign aligner trays should be worn for about 22 hours on most days.
- You prefer a simple oral hygiene routine: The way you brush and floss your teeth won't change during your treatment. After you remove your trays, you'll brush and floss the same way you always have.
Are you ready to straighten your smile with Invisalign? Call your dentist in Roswell, GA, Dr. Stuart Coe, at (770) 475-3600 to schedule your appointment.